Volunteer at Longmont United Hospital
We welcome the community to become an important part of the Hospital team. You can make a difference in a person’s life - patient, employee or visitor. Opportunities are available in one to four hour shifts, every day of the week. We will do our best to make a good match for you and for the department you are helping.
The volunteer association enhances services provided by the Hospital and provides the following activities:
- Annual Fundraiser
- Fundraising Events
- Holiday Cheer
Other benefits include annual free flu shot, educational opportunities, discounts on integrated therapies and gym, and more.
Becoming a Volunteer
To become a volunteer you must:
- Complete application
- Interview with Hospital staff
- Pass TB screen and background screening, provided by the Hospital
- Purchase of volunteer shirt ($18) and pay of annual dues ($10)
- If you are between the ages of 14 - 18, you are welcome to join our junior volunteer program.
- Follow dress code of white or tan pants, capris, or skirts. No denim or blue jeans.
- Complete orientation
- Friendly and customer-service oriented.
- Honest and reliable.
- Ability to maintain confidential information.
- Physically able to be on your feet, as needed, some areas more than others.
Opportunities are available in one to four hour shifts, every day of the week. We will do our best to make a good match for you and for the department you are helping.
Physical Activity Required
- Art Cart
- Day Surgery
- Entertainment Cart
- Emergency Room Patient Representative
- Patient Ambassadors
- Messenger Service
- Nourishment Cart
- Psychological First Aid
- Therapy Animals
- Transitions of Care
Computer Skills and Physical Activity Required
- Gift Shop
- Hand Arts
- Music Services
- Welcome Desk
Computer Skills Required
- Day Surgery Registration
- Intensive Care Unit
- Office Positions
- Surgery Waiting Room
- Volunteer Board of Directors
+ Hospital Volunteer Facebook Page
Best part of volunteering: Feeling good about giving back.