The Homestead is an adult day program supervised by professionals and trained volunteers. Seniors can socialize and enjoy entertainment in a comfortable setting. They can participate in planned activities and outings. Homestead was created to give the caregiver time away from daily routine of watching a senior in your home. As much as you love the person you are caring for, sometimes both of you need some time apart.
For many, the Homestead actually becomes an extended family. New friendships are formed. New skills are mastered. The stimulating environment and social contact help Seniors maintain independence and lead meaningful lives.
The Homestead provides seniors with the following services:
- A wide variety of activities, entertainment and outings
- Supervision by professional, caring staff and trained volunteers
- Nutritious lunches and snacks
- Assistance and/or referral to appropriate agencies for needed services
- Transportation arrangements
- The Companion Center is a special Alzheimer’s program available weekdays from 9:30 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.